Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wk4 Comment #1 - Rosalynn Locklear

That's great to hear that you are putting some of the messages from the book into practice in your everyday life. I always find it funny when people say they don't mean to be or act someway, but then do exactly that. Hopefully your positive attitude and different way of looking at things, and subsequent results that is having on your students will rub off on her. For the people who just like to complain about things rather than do something about their situation, the best option can often be simply showing them other options through your own actions.

Original Post:
Over the past few weeks, I have noticed myself taking others' negative situations and turning them into positive outcomes. Who knew a book could inspire me to do that? I have this one teacher in particular that I work with that starts off every sentence with, "I don't mean to be negative, but...". Even though she doesn't mean to be negative, she is. I have started creating frameworks of possibility, as suggested in The Art of Possibility. I simply take all of her negative comments, and turn them in a complete opposite direction, and focus them into a more positive situation. It's all about how one perceives things. Positive perceptions often equals positive outcomes. I wish that everybody was able to grasp this concept, instead of wasting energy on complaining about things that can't be changed. A teachers attitude can definitely play a role in the attitudes of their students. Let's just say my students are little more open minded and positive thinkers in and out of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment