Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wk1 Comment #1 - Lania Clark

Lania,
I too was interested in the prospect of covering copyright law.  In college I took a three month class dedicated to the topic that was taught by a lawyer.  Unfortunately, he wasn't the best at teaching the subject (I think he forgot we were computer animation students, and not law students) so I remember little to nothing of that class.  Not that it much matters, as it seems copyright is constantly changing anyway.  On the subject of remixing, I always wonder, if someone changes something so much that it doesn't even really sound like the original, does that not take as much work and creativity as making something form scratch?  And is it really having any kind of negative effect on the original?
P.S.  I got jimmies.
















Original Post:

No comments:

Post a Comment