Saturday, March 19, 2011

PE4 – Carbonmade

I have begun exploring Carbonmade.com as the Web 2.0 tool to use for my Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenario that I will be doing in my classroom.  Carbonmade allows for the easy creation of an online portfolio.  I am choosing this because I feel that most of my students would like to have a way to show their work on the Web, but don’t necessarily have the technical know-how to create their own website.  As these students get closer to their graduation date, this becomes even more important, and can be a valuable tool for each and every one of them.

Starting on the home page, it’s easy to either sign in if you are an existing member, or to sign up for a new account.  On the sign up page I noticed there are two options, a free one and a $12 a month option.  For free you get 5 projects and the ability to have 35 total images, while for money you get 50 projects along with 500 image and 10 videos.  Obviously the paid option gives a lot more, but the individual will have to determine if he or she feels it is worth it.

I went ahead with the free option, which only requires you to supply your name, email, a password, and to agree to the terms and conditions.  At this point you also create the name of your portfolio and create a web address for it (which will always end in .carbonmade.com)

At this point you have created your account and your portfolio, and your ready to get started uploading work.

No comments:

Post a Comment