Saturday, March 12, 2011

PE2_iMovie

I was definitely excited to see what advanced features the Lynda.com tutorial had in for me, and it did manage to show me a few new tricks.
First off, pinning audio tracks to a specific point on a video was pretty neat, and something I could see as having potential use for me in the future as I love working audio into my pieces.
The ducking feature for audio is going to save me a lot of time and headache.  I've noticed it in the program before, but for whatever reason never thought to give it a shot.  Instead I've been fighting with audio levels of music and the video file, and doing a lot of manual work, including creating duplicates of audio files and just in general trying to get that exact effect.  Now I won't have an trouble hearing the subject of my videos over the audio I put in.





On the other hand, something I have played with is the precision editor, although I wasn't really sold 100% on it, often relying on other methods to edit my projects.  The tutorial definitely offered some clarification on it, and while I'm still not sure that I'm quite there with it, but I will keep working with it and see if it delivers for me.
Working with the additional features, the mapping feature is pretty cool, and could really come in handy with helping to make the connection with the user just where exactly the picture or video are from.  Playing around with it I was fairly impressed with the various locations offered within it's database.  This would be perfect the personal vacation, but also could be used in an educational setting.
As someone who has worked with DVD creation software before, the chapter markers that can be exported to iDVD seems like a very useful feature.  Adding chapters in DVD software isn't always the most precise action, and can be easy to overlook.  Thinking of it as part of the editing process only seems to make sense to me.

And finally, the ability to export directly to your MobileMe gallery seems awesome to me.  That's a very powerful tool that makes it very easy to share your videos, and gives you a lot of options in the process.  This is something I will certainly be looking into.

No comments:

Post a Comment